The golden Keys for the Golden Years (Quality Life Forum Support Series) Health Coaching Session January, 2018
Happy New Year! My gift to you, at the New Year’s start, is the golden keys for your golden years ahead.
Aging is a natural process. Everyone is getting older each day, from birth to death. No matter what age you are, today is the youngest day in your life ahead. You are lucky when entering your golden years, as some couldn’t make this far and never had a chance to enjoy their golden years in the life journey. Therefore, be grateful for where you are now in life. Enjoy your freedom of your lifetime; understand as you came with nothing and will take away nothing from this world. The material things don’t really matter much.
Happiness nurtures life and enhance health. How to be happy?
1. Enjoy life now. Don’t scarify quality of life for the sake of save money. Be mindful of your time and whom you spend time with. Live in a full life today, put away the past and don’t be anxious about future.
2. Slow down and set your own pace. You don’t have to be the super man/woman to do everything and trying to meet all other’s needs. Do one thing at a time and do the things you enjoy. You will sparkle your moments in the ordinary days.
3. Let the sunshine into your heart and break the darkness. By this age, you have gone a long way and experienced too much. Let go and get out of the shadow of the sadness. Smile, relax, and be peaceful, walk into the nature to feel the energy of life. You will become strong from sad experiences, you will become brave from vulnerableness, you become accountable from responsibilities, and you become independent when you have to stand alone without fears.
4. A job title and salary grade is not that important. Gains and losses serve its purpose - no loss; no gain. Everything comes and goes in life while you are moving on. A major issue today will be minor by tomorrow, a big event this year will be a story in the next year, and a great happening in life will be history in the future.
5. Don’t mind too much of others opinions. Humans have eyes in common, but they see the world differently. Humans have ears in common, but they hear things differently. Humans have mouth in common, but what they say is different. People think differently and live in different ways. Trust your own instinct, not necessarily what others think or say.
6. You have the right to say “no”. You don’t have to struggle under pressure. You know better of your own wills and limits. You will not be able to please everyone and you do not have to be in control of everything. Refusal for unpleasant request is your best protection. You are open-minded and fearless. Your key objective is health and happiness. Respect your own freewill and live your way of life.
7. Understand Mother Nature; don’t fight or worry too much for things you don’t have control of. No need to be too concerned for the unknown and always apprehensive.
8. Keep a young heart and good spirit. A healthy mindset will determine your attitude for life. Do the things you enjoy to do and go to the places you want to go now, don’t wait. For the items on the wish list, keep up the hopes.
9. Value your true feelings and treasure your loved ones. You are lucky if you have someone is taking care of you. If not, please take good care of yourself. Keep a simple life with well-balanced nutrition, physical activities, and rest, to maintain body and mind fitness.
10. When you are satisfied, you are happy. Friendships, nature, learning, peace, young heart and open mind, love, sharing, gratitude, generosity and good health will keep you happy on your golden years’ journey.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational and informational purposes only. It is not medical advice. Consult your healthcare professional for personal conditions.
Advocate and Giving Support for Healthy Aging
To support healthy aging, all helps are sincerely appreciated. We hope more people to share the benefits and making contributions to support Quality Life Forum continued health coaching education and services. You can help now by sharing [passing on QLF valuable health coaching resource for other’s benefit] and giving [click here for a donation in any amount]. Your help will benefit many others in need and make you feel great for your kind act of giving.